The Defense Systems Information Analysis Center (DSIAC) is a component of the U.S. Department of Defense’s Information Analysis Center (IAC) enterprise. DSIAC was established on January 1, 2014 from the consolidation of six legacy DoD IAC basic center operations (AMMTIAC, CPIAC, RIAC, SENSIAC, SURVIAC, and WSTIAC). The establishment of DSIAC represents the largest consolidation of IACs under the DoD’s “Better Buying Power 2.0” initiative.
The scope of DSIAC includes nine subject areas, the six areas covered by the legacy DoD IAC operations: Advanced Materials; Energetics; Military Sensing; Reliability, Maintainability, Quality, Supportability, Interoperability (RMQSI); Survivability and Vulnerability; and Weapon Systems; plus three more focus areas of Autonomous Systems; Directed Energy; and Non-lethal Weapons.
The purpose of DSIAC is to provide information research and analysis for DoD and Federal government users to stimulate innovation, foster collaboration, and eliminate redundancy.
The mission of DSIAC is to generate, collect, analyze, synthesize, and disseminate Scientific and Technical Information (STI) to DoD and Federal government users and industry contractors.
DSIAC will be the premier information research partner and curator of technology advancements and trends for the defense systems community.
To fulfill our mission, DSIAC offers several services and products such as:
- Technical Inquiries (TIs) – We offer 4 hours of information research (free to the client) in response to TIs on any of the DSIAC subject areas. TI response efforts generally include literature searches, document requests, answers to technical questions, and expert referrals.
- Core Analysis Tasks (CATs) – We conduct customer-funded CATs that expand the limits of the free TI service. Each CAT is limited to a $1M ceiling and can be incrementally funded.
- STI Upload – We collect STI, adding it to the DTIC collection, and ensuring that the body of information is available to share with the DoD community.
- Training/Events – We participate, host, and promote key technical conferences and forums to engage and network with the Science and Technology (S&T) community.
- Information Research Products – We publish the DSIAC Journal, Defense Systems Digest, State-of-the-Art Reports (SOARs), and many other information products available for free electronic download on our website.
- Promotion – We publicize events, technologies, information research products, and more to our +75,000 members.
We invite any and all DSIAC members to get involved and support the DSIAC mission.
- Inform us of topics for informational research products.
- Provide STI for us to upload to DTIC.
- Submit abstracts/articles for publication in the quarterly DSIAC Journal.
- Connect us with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to help respond to inquiries.
- Notify us of technology advancements to share.
- Let us support your event or training via promotion or registration hosting.
- Share our correspondence!