Journal Article Submission
What is the DSIAC Journal?
The Defense Systems Information Analysis Center (DSIAC) publishes research and development (R&D) and engineering articles in a quarterly journal. The articles explore new ideas and emerging trends in science and engineering in nine focus areas: Advanced Materials; Autonomous Systems; Directed Energy; Energetics; Military Sensing; Non-Lethal Weapons; Reliability, Maintainability, Quality, Supportability, and Interoperability (RMQSI); Survivability & Vulnerability; and Weapon Systems. The goal of the DSIAC Journal is to help researchers, engineers, and technical managers by providing a forum in which to share their expertise and lessons learned throughout the community and minimize redundant research. We publish original and high-quality papers with the objective of covering the latest developments in the fields of engineering and/or technologies. All papers are published in print and electronic form and are indexed and cataloged in the DTIC R&E Gateway.
- The recommended word count for journal articles is approximately 3,000 words (exclusive web articles are approximately 1,000 words, see below for more information).
- Written content and images must be approved for public release by the author’s respective organization.
- Include only essential formatting, such as clear section headings and italics.
- Article should be written from a general DoD perspective, i.e. not a company-specific sales pitch.
- The intended audience is the larger defense community, i.e. this is not a scholarly journal so the topic need not be overly complex; however technical competency is expected in the articles.
- Minimize technical jargon, acronyms, abbreviations, etc., that may be unfamiliar to some readers.
- For more information on sizing, please download the Journal Graphics Reference Guide.
Additional Article Details
Author Biography: A bibliography for each author must be provided. This biography should be approximately 100 words, outlining the author’s job, background, professional accomplishments, and other pertinent accolades or areas of interest, as related to the article.
References: Any references throughout the article should be identified by bracketed numbers with a corresponding list at the end of the article. These should be numbered in the order they appear in the article, not alphabetically. Organize references using example formats.
Images: All article images should be clearly captioned, numbered, and cited in the text. Each image should be provided in separate files (not only embedded in a Word file). Each figure's releasability needs to be documented (i.e., the source and rationale for public release).
If needed, editing and graphics support are also available from DSIAC upon request.
Author's Article Submission Form: Must be signed and submitted by the author before publication.
Exclusive Website Articles
DSIAC also publishes articles available only through DSIAC.org. These web articles follow the same guidelines of the journal articles but are shorter in length at approximately 1,000 words. DSIAC exclusive web articles are a great way to concisely highlight a technology, research effort, engineering development, or event. All are invited to submit web article ideas using the submission form below.